Kevin Hendrick

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Doc

Kevin Hendrick

Post by Doc »

For those of you who knew or remember Kevin Hendrick, he has lost his battle with cancer and has left his pain and suffering behind. No other details available.
Last edited by Doc on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome to Browntown!
Home of the Brown Note!
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Kevin Hendricks

Post by bloke »

The types of relationships we have now are odd, where we never meet some people in-person, but become fairly close friends with them online.
He had a wonderful sense of humor and wit, and was always ready to deliver a good clean joke. Someone gave me a heads up about his health, and I had also noticed that he hadn’t been active online. I gave him a call a couple of months ago and actually had a real time phone call with him. Just as with Tracy Luna and so many others, he had completely come to terms with his fate but was in good spirits. I feel privileged that I was able to speak with him.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
Doc (Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:36 am)
Doc

Post by Doc »

bloke wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:21 am The types of relationships we have now are odd, where we never meet some people in-person, but become fairly close friends with them online.
He had a wonderful sense of humor and wit, and was always ready to deliver a good clean joke. Someone gave me a heads up about his health, and I had also noticed that he hadn’t been active online. I gave him a call a couple of months ago and actually had a real time phone call with him. Just as with Tracy Luna and so many others, he had completely come to terms with his fate but was in good spirits. I feel privileged that I was able to speak with him.
I am going to miss those jokes, the Facebook conversations, and those occasional emails. I’m glad you got to talk with him. I didn’t realize his condition was that advanced, so I missed the opportunity. The back row upstairs is adding a good one to its ranks today.
Welcome to Browntown!
Home of the Brown Note!
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

Hendrick or Hendricks?

I looked him up on the old site. I'm not sure I remember any direct interactions with him, but he was a long-time member, so.Im sure we crossed paths at some point. Sad news any time, particularly this time.of year. RIP
Doc

Post by Doc »

bort2.0 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:01 am Hendrick or Hendricks?

I looked him up on the old site. I'm not sure I remember any direct interactions with him, but he was a long-time member, so.Im sure we crossed paths at some point. Sad news any time, particularly this time.of year. RIP
Hendrick. I corrected it. I should know better than to use voice texting.
Welcome to Browntown!
Home of the Brown Note!
KingTuba1241X

Re: Kevin Hendrick

Post by KingTuba1241X »

I was going to mention this as well. Never knew him, but recently came across some mouthpiece advice he posted awhile back and wanted to ask him about something. I guess that ship has sailed. RIP Kevin. :smilie6:
06' Miraphone 187-4U
the elephant

Post by the elephant »

Oh, man. Rest in peace, Kevin. You will be missed.
Tubajug

Post by Tubajug »

Very sad. Kevin and I only knew each other online, but he shared some great ideas for "DIY" instrument repair tools.
Jordan
King 2341 with Holton Monster Eb Bell
King/Conn Eb Frankentuba
Pan AmeriConn BBb Helicon
Yamaha YBB-103

"No one else is placed exactly as we are in our opportune human orbits."
LibraryMark

Post by LibraryMark »

I was fortunate to have sat next to Kevin for many years at Western Michigan University and local community bands. He had a monster talent - I never heard him play a wrong note. Ever! He was a hoot to talk with - he had a very clever wit and was incredibly smart. He could discuss any subject at length. I will miss him a great deal.
These users thanked the author LibraryMark for the post:
Doc (Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:49 pm)