Handmade Custom Tuba Stand

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
acemorgan

Handmade Custom Tuba Stand

Post by acemorgan »

After spending a considerable amount of time cogitating on method, materials, design, etc., I came up with this do-it-yourself product:
tuba stand (2).jpg
tuba stand (2).jpg (108.27 KiB) Viewed 191 times
The customization possibilities are endless! Different bin colors are available at your local Walmart Emporium. Coordinating/contrasting colors of pool noodles can add a festive flair. Red and green for Tuba Christmas, black and orange for Octoberfest, and tuba majors burning through mortgage-sized student loan money while wondering if they can possibly get a job that justifies a graduate-level performance degree can make one in their school colors! That would certainly help.

And no, the idea did not come to me while contemplating throwing my tuba away. I was actually watching a Youtube video about making a tuba stand out of lumber(!) and the trashcan image just flashed in my head.
These users thanked the author acemorgan for the post (total 4):
hrender (Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:55 am) • rodgeman (Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:48 am) • prairieboy1 (Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:25 am) • Kirley (Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:42 pm)

Seek not to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought. -Basho

Courtois Eb
Carl Fischer Eb
Wessex Dolce
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Handmade Custom Tuba Stand

Post by bloke »

Being constructed of mostly petroleum products, it will do nothing other than increase in value.

EDIT: Perhaps (??) you should start producing them, and your brand name could be Wiseguy™...

...Of course, it would need to feature wheels and straps, and you should try to keep the price below £3000.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post (total 3):
bort2.0 (Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 am) • Stryk (Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:17 pm) • acemorgan (Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:20 pm)