Sold! beautiful ancient helicon in BBb

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
matthewmarnold

Sold! beautiful ancient helicon in BBb

Post by matthewmarnold »

I'm selling a gorgeous old pre-WWII Czech-made helicon that I bought off German eBay like ten years back.

Here's the highlights:
  • It plays... eh, not great, but it plays. It's leaky, as you'd expect of an old (~90-100 years) rotary horn, though heavy oil helps with this, but it can be tricky to land a note. Josh Landress kindly worked on it some a while back.
  • It's in BBb.
  • I mean, just look at this gorgeous old thing with the krantz and the patina and think of how cool you'd look playing it in your Balkan/Oktoberfest/klezmer band (that was the allure for me!).
  • Comes with an incredible custom-made Altieri gig bag in hot pink and cow print!
  • I'm asking $800. Hate to part with it, but Manhattan living and tuba collecting they do not mix.
  • Buyer must pick it up in Manhattan. Sorry, but I don't dare ship this beast!
Please see eBay listing here for pics and further info: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144577785943?h ... SwWENik7Ly
Last edited by matthewmarnold on Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author matthewmarnold for the post:
Three Valves (Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:09 pm)

James1350
Has thanked: 0

Re: For sale: beautiful ancient helicon in BBb

Post by James1350 »

I never thought the day would come when I'd be drooling over a needlessly decorative gooseneck screw, yet here we are.
hrender

Post by hrender »

Very cool (horn & bag).
matthewmarnold

Post by matthewmarnold »

Right? That screw kind of pulls the whole tuba together.