Sterling tuba e flat

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
iCupboards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sterling tuba e flat

Post by iCupboards »

I am in the market for a Sterling e-flat tuba. I will get to try one early september. A friend who tried the Sterling tuba a week was very enthusiastic about it and he said he liked it more than a Besson Sovereign. I have a Besson Sovereign with gold brass bell, I will let you guys know how I like it! I live in Europe and there is someone that is the sole distributor of Sterling, he will bring me the tuba to try for a week.

Are there more people that have tried the Sterling tuba vs a Besson Sovereign or other 3+1 tuba's? Thanks!

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Sterling tuba e flat

Post by bloke »

I have no idea what European prices are like, but you certainly won’t be disappointed in the instrument.
iCupboards
Been thanked: 0

Post by iCupboards »

If I remember correctly, 7800 euros including vat, with trigger and gold details. Without trigger, but with gold details 7400. Without gold details and without trigger for 7000!
Fivevalves

Post by Fivevalves »

£5995 on the UK site, approx $7377 according to my currency converter... but I don't suppose @Bloke ships to the UK??
Willson 3400 EEb
Meinl Weston Spezial 2040/5 "Mr Tuba"
Wessex Dolce Euphonium
More mouthpieces than I care to count....
2nd tenor

Post by 2nd tenor »

Fivevalves wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:12 am £5995 on the UK site, approx $7377 according to my currency converter... but I don't suppose @Bloke ships to the UK??
If he did then the freight would be a lot, and then there’s VAT and import duty to consider …

I believe that Packers in Taunton have some connection to Sterling.
https://www.jpmusicalinstruments.com/ab ... nstruments
https://www.jpmusicalinstruments.com/pr ... g-eeb-tuba
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

By the time I paid to ship from the USA to Europe (tons of rigamarole) and you paid your country's confiscatory duty, the total cost would probably be close to the same.

I'll sell you one F.O.B., and with me making none of the shipping arrangements.