FS: ZO Little Thunderbird/Raptor 4/4 CC Tuba SOLD

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Andy Rummel
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FS: ZO Little Thunderbird/Raptor 4/4 CC Tuba SOLD

Post by Andy Rummel »

For sale is my wonderful ZO 4/4 CC tuba. This particular tuba is engraved "Little Thunderbird" but has been rebranded as the "Raptor" with recent shipments.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

This is an excellent 4/4 CC tuba that is based on the Nirschl 4/4. I played the NIrschl for about 12 years and think that this ZO is nearly an identical instrument, perhaps with better intonation overall. Bore is .757 - .867 and the bell: 19". My repairman removed the stock thumb ring and installed an adjustable Yamaha thumb ring to improve ergonomics. I have used this instrument in virtually every performance situation and have always been very pleased. There are two small dings and a couple of surface scratches, but other than that the tuba is in fantastic condition. I am only selling because I have realized that I can't justify owning two CC tubas.

Price is $5600 obo. Price includes a serviceable gig bag and a brand new MTS-style hard case that has never left my house. The tuba is located near Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. I can arrange a play-test in our awesome concert hall if interested. I would happily drive several hours to meet a potential buyer. I am happy to ship, but buyer will cover cost. PM with any questions.

Andy Rummel
Illinois State University

Andy Rummel
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FS: ZO Little Thunderbird/Raptor 4/4 CC Tuba SOLD

Post by Andy Rummel »

Horn is sold.