B&S - made 4-valve non-compensating silver Accent euphonium with case

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bloke
Mid South Music

B&S - made 4-valve non-compensating silver Accent euphonium with case

Post by bloke »

A long-time friend of mine owns this.
It's a "spare", but he owns TWO spares.
This one is actually the BETTER of his spares, but he's more accustomed to the other spare.

specs:
- silver plated finish (intact)
- 4 valves inline
- .580" bore
- 12 inch bell
- stainless steel pistons
- European molded case

flaws:
- I removed some bell creases and other dents
- The worst remaining cosmetic flaw is shown in a picture - it's about a 1/16" depression in the bottom bow cap
- The case has a portion of a bottom corner with minor damage. (me...?? I've floated epoxy over such places and shot them with black paint.)

This instrument makes a big beautiful sound, and the bell is large (top to bottom).

There are hints that it was originally sold by our friends at Buddy Rogers Music in Cincinnati (interior sticker).

My friend has shipping materials, is experienced with shipping, is experienced with selling items to others, and lives in Bowling Green, KY.

He's as honest as the day is long, and would wish for any potential buyer to know just what they're buying.
I've known him for 54 years. :thumbsup:
He is also a former US Army Bandsman (Continental Army Band - back before its name was changed).

I'm not posting a price, but he's looking for "several hundred dollars".
You talk it over with him.

Contact ME, and I'll put you in touch with HIM.

ElderBass
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: B&S - made 4-valve non-compensating silver Accent euphonium with case

Post by ElderBass »

Is the B&S Euphonium still available?
I've just joined Tubaforum.
ElderBass
These users thanked the author ElderBass for the post:
Jchiang9 (Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:37 pm)