King 2280

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
dreamofoenghus
Has thanked: 0

King 2280

Post by dreamofoenghus »

Ok, this is likely a long shot, but is anyone looking to part with a decent King 2280? I can’t help that my tuba brain wants all 4 valves on my right hand, and I just can’t get used to the 3+1 thing. Under a $1000 would be great. I’m in central NC if that matters. Thanks for your consideration.

LeMark
Site Admin

Re: King 2280

Post by LeMark »

jump on it! I was tempted my this one myself, and I already own a 2280

https://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Model-228 ... SwcjdfVrb4
Yep, I'm Mark
dreamofoenghus

Post by dreamofoenghus »

I saw that one, and may still go for it, but the make offer is set higher than the minimum bid...I thought the whole idea was offers under the minimum are considered if they use the make offer feature? I guess we’ll see how the auction goes.
LeMark
Site Admin

Post by LeMark »

Yeah you're right, I didn't notice it was a reserve auction. It could be high I saw one last week that was silver that wasn't a reserve auction, or at least I thought it wasn't
Yep, I'm Mark
rodgeman

Post by rodgeman »

Eastman EBB-562 BBb tuba
Dillon G5B/Turner
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

dreamofoenghus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm I saw that one, and may still go for it, but the make offer is set higher than the minimum bid...I thought the whole idea was offers under the minimum are considered if they use the make offer feature? I guess we’ll see how the auction goes.
How did you find out that the make offer was set that way?

Make offer is very hit or miss... Some people won't even entertain an offer until some amount of time has passed, or get offended that you mention any price less than their opening...

I also don't know how make offer and reserve not met work with each other. Sounds like the seller should just put the starting price where they want it... :eyes:
Kirley

Post by Kirley »

Do 2280s take a regular trombone shank mouthpiece or bass bone size?
dreamofoenghus

Post by dreamofoenghus »

rodgeman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 am Did you see this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/King-2280SP-4- ... SwBiBfCPNl
Yes, and I’m watching it for sure. I’m requesting a picture of the valves. I guess even if if fairly worn, a reasonable offer should be worth consideration.
bort2.0 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:44 am How did you find out that the make offer was set that way?

Make offer is very hit or miss... Some people won't even entertain an offer until some amount of time has passed, or get offended that you mention any price less than their opening...

I also don't know how make offer and reserve not met work with each other. Sounds like the seller should just put the starting price where they want it... :eyes:
I tried making an offer, and it generates an immediate automated response if it’s below their threshold. I assume if your offer is above the threshold, then they have to manually accept or reject the offer. I think it’s muddy and confusing. I wish it was either a straight auction, timed and with a minimum starting bid, or set a buy it now with a make offer option. Then you know what you have and how to proceed.
dreamofoenghus

Post by dreamofoenghus »

Kirley wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am Do 2280s take a regular trombone shank mouthpiece or bass bone size?
I think it’s the large shank, but I suppose I should defer to Mark or someone else that has one.
LeMark
Site Admin

Post by LeMark »

it's a bass bone shank, and almost all of them that I have seen have been a touch larger than the normal large shank. Bach shanks seems to work fine, but a Steven mead mouthpiece goes in so far that never seals up.
Yep, I'm Mark
Nworbekim

Post by Nworbekim »

dreamofoenghus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm Ok, this is likely a long shot, but is anyone looking to part with a decent King 2280? I can’t help that my tuba brain wants all 4 valves on my right hand, and I just can’t get used to the 3+1 thing. Under a $1000 would be great. I’m in central NC if that matters. Thanks for your consideration.
i have one i'm not using... pm me?
Miraphone 186 - King 2341 - JP179B - York & sons 1910 Eb - Meinl Weston 2145 - Wessex Festivo - King 2280
Play it with emotion and play it strong! Don't make a face and they won't know it's wrong!