Merry Christmas (Again)

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
the elephant

Merry Christmas (Again)

Post by the elephant »

I have an attorney sniffing my butt right now, so these are no longer available. By the way, the attorney is a TF member. Thanks guys. I'm done with this, Merry Christmas, anyway.
Last edited by the elephant on Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
These users thanked the author the elephant for the post (total 3):
bone-a-phone (Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:44 pm) • Casca Grossa (Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:39 am) • Three Valves (Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:31 pm)

LeMark
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas (Again)

Post by LeMark »

One of my biggest regrets in life is that I never got settled with a brass quintet. I consider it the ideal performance environment for a tuba player

In other words, I wish I had a reason to buy these. I'd like to support your efforts

Off topic:
My other big regret is that I knew Bobby Bragan when I was a kid, but was not versed enough on baseball history to ever ask to sit down with him and have him tell me stories. What a wasted opportunity
These users thanked the author LeMark for the post:
the elephant (Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:03 am)
Yep, I'm Mark
the elephant

Post by the elephant »

Last edited by the elephant on Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bone-a-phone

Post by bone-a-phone »

My quintet used a few of these last year, and they worked out great. Easy enough to not require a bunch of rehearsals, but interesting enough to be well worth playing.
These users thanked the author bone-a-phone for the post:
the elephant (Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:53 pm)
jtm

Post by jtm »

I also don't have a brass quintet. But I only started four years ago, and I'm hopeful. Now I've signed up for arrangements so that I'll be ready.
These users thanked the author jtm for the post:
the elephant (Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:23 pm)
John Morris
This practicing trick actually seems to be working!
playing some old German rotary tubas for free
Bobthemundane
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bobthemundane »

Would be interested in this, but new to the forum and don’t know how to contact you.

Thank you!

Robert
the elephant

Post by the elephant »

Last edited by the elephant on Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

sorry, couldn't delete my post.
LeMark
Site Admin

Post by LeMark »

the elephant wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:15 pm You need to PM me. If you are not yet able to do this (because you only have one post) then post however many times you have to in order to unlock that feature. I do not think it takes a lot of activity to do so. I think it is set up this way specifically to prevent drive-by sales, purchases, etc. We like to know people before we have financial dealings with them. (There were issues regarding rip-offs in the community that this group left a few years ago. Well, there were many issues, but the post-count thing is to help stem the tide of rip-offs.)

I no longer post here, but I do keep up with this and a few other threads. Nice to "meet" you. I hope you become a regular poster here. This can be a very nice group of folks.

@LeMark could give you more info on the PM thing. I hope to hear from you soon.

I think newbies can read PM's, just not send or reply. If you don't want to post contact info, then maybe you could contact him
Yep, I'm Mark
bone-a-phone

Post by bone-a-phone »

I just have to say that my quintet rehearsed the "Sing We Now Of Christmas" last night, and it has quickly become my favorite Christmas tune of this set, and in fact of any in our book. We are playing at a local tree lighting on December 1 in the city center, and this is going to be one of our featured pieces. Really nice tune. Super powerful. The trombone has the snare drum part most of the way through, but towards then end it redeems itself, and it's just really a dramatic arrangement. We are going to include several arrangements from this set in our performance, but this is the one that really stood out to me.

Thanks again for making these available.

edit: Ok, I didn't read the top of the thread when I came back to post this. What a great way to reward a good deed. Christmas music. Sheesh.
These users thanked the author bone-a-phone for the post:
the elephant (Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:05 pm)
Grumpikins

Post by Grumpikins »

I'm so sorry about your situation. It really breaks my heart. I really wanted to buy your set but couldnt justify spending the money I dont have extra of when I dont have a group together to play it. Best wishes. Have a nice holiday.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Grumpikins for the post:
the elephant (Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:24 pm)
Meinl Weston 2145 CC
King Symphonic BBb circa 1936
Hopefully a pre WWII king Eb soon.... :teeth:
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

With all the deleted posts I have to guess there may have been a copyright issue. Sometimes lawyers are trying to protect you from other lawyers.