FS: Eastman 836 6/4 CC Tuba $9500

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubacorbin

FS: Eastman 836 6/4 CC Tuba $9500

Post by tubacorbin »

Hi everyone! I've had my 836 since 2020 and I bought it from Tony Clements. It was hand-picked from a large batch of them by Scott Sutherland for Tony and is easily the best example of this model I've played. It's in near-perfect condition with no dents and scratches that I'm aware of. I've also just installed a PVAK on the valves and it made a tremendous impact. I've never felt a better low range on any tuba I've ever played.

I'm only looking to sell because I've changed careers and I don't need a horn this large and nice collecting dust.

Located in Rochester, NY. Prefer to meet in person, but willing to ship. Comes with gig bag and hard case. The price is $9500 + shipping.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Contact me via PM if you're interested or by email at tubacorbin@gmail.com.
Last edited by tubacorbin on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author tubacorbin for the post (total 2):
Forrestbyram (Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:10 pm) • Yesdigo (Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:44 pm)

LeMark
Site Admin

Re: FS: Eastman 836 6/4 CC Tuba $9500

Post by LeMark »

There is somebody interested in this instrument that is unable to use the PM system. You might want to post an alternate way of having someone contact you or I can send you there email address if you would rather
Yep, I'm Mark
tubacorbin

Post by tubacorbin »

LeMark wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:53 pm There is somebody interested in this instrument that is unable to use the PM system. You might want to post an alternate way of having someone contact you or I can send you there email address if you would rather
Thanks so much! I can also be reached via email at tubacorbin@gmail.com.
tubacorbin

Post by tubacorbin »

Update: I've just installed a PVAK on the valves and it made a tremendous impact. I've never felt a better low range on any tuba I've ever played. Still available for now, but lots of interest!
Doug

Post by Doug »

tubacorbin wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 pm Update: I've just installed a PVAK on the valves and it made a tremendous impact. I've never felt a better low range on any tuba I've ever played. Still available for now, but lots of interest!
Where'd you get a PVAK for the Eastman?
Doug Black
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
tubacorbin

Post by tubacorbin »

Doug wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:03 pm
tubacorbin wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 pm Update: I've just installed a PVAK on the valves and it made a tremendous impact. I've never felt a better low range on any tuba I've ever played. Still available for now, but lots of interest!
Where'd you get a PVAK for the Eastman?
Alan Baer has the measurements. You can email him through his website to order.
jonathanzepol
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jonathanzepol »

Sent an Email. :tuba: