Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Dents Be Gone!

Post by Dents Be Gone! »

I agree, guys. This is the way to go.
Last edited by Dents Be Gone! on Wed May 01, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

graybach

Re: Texas Southern tubist don’t play…

Post by graybach »

Does this count as “setting someone straight”? 😁
travisd

Post by travisd »

It's the perfect timing with the cymbal crash that really makes it...
DonO.

Post by DonO. »

When I was in a parade with my Jr. High marching band, some high school kids thought it was funny to throw their empty drink cups, popcorn bags, etc. into the bell of my white fiberglass Sousaphone. I would have loved to get into it with them, but of course we were taught to never break ranks.

No, I don’t remember what kind of Sousaphone it was. Conn, maybe? I do remember it had a “pebbly” surface.
King 2341 “new style”
Kanstul 902-3B
Conn Helleberg Standard 120- for the King.
Conn Helleberg 7B- for the Kanstul.
Looking for: minty Amati or Cerveny 681, Kanstul 902-4B
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

Let me get this straight, dude is holding 25 pounds of brass and the best he can do is a few frantic cross-body punches to get rid of the guy? And does it on video. Very stupid. :facepalm2:
Dents Be Gone! wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:21 pm Ever have to set someone straight? :huh: :smilie2:
Yes
Fully leveraging 25 pounds of brass
And not on video
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

DonO. wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm When I was in a parade with my Jr. High marching band, some high school kids thought it was funny to throw their empty drink cups, popcorn bags, etc. into the bell of my white fiberglass Sousaphone. I would have loved to get into it with them, but of course we were taught to never break ranks.

No, I don’t remember what kind of Sousaphone it was. Conn, maybe? I do remember it had a “pebbly” surface.
Playing in a jazz band (at a wedding reception at the bride's home outdoors (around a pool), the bride's (drunk) brother started f'ing around with my E-flat sousaphone during our short break. When he set it down, I tossed him (tux and all) into his family's pool.

He was probably twenty, and I was probably twenty-three...(??)

The father of the bride gifted me two bottles of champagne.