Lance LaDuke

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
graybach

Lance LaDuke

Post by graybach »

From Facebook: (I took a screenshot, but I couldn’t compress it enough to upload it to this forum.)

“Fernando Deddos • Follow
• ••
9h • 0
Sad news to the brass world, coming from the last few days of pain. My former professor (life professor) Lance LaDuke passed away.
Lance changed my life and the way I see and hear the world. One of the most spectacular human beings I've been together. His legacy will be forever in the minds of all the musicians and people who had the opportunity to be close to him.
Rest in peace
sweet Lance”

Since there are many public posts on Facebook and a Caring Bridge site for him all detailing what happened, I feel comfortable saying it here. He sustained a very bad fall in his house, and ended up having brain damage that led to a massive stroke.

sweaty

Re: Lance LaDuke

Post by sweaty »

Such a shock and loss! He seemed like a very impressive guy. I wish I could have met him.
These users thanked the author sweaty for the post:
graybach (Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:28 pm)