Size Info Needed - Adams F and Miraphone Petruschka

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
the elephant

Size Info Needed - Adams F and Miraphone Petruschka

Post by the elephant »

Hello. I have been told by several players that they *thought* the Petruschkal and the Adams F share outer dimensions. I have a Cronkhite bag and it does not fit well enough to make me happy. There is not an Adams pattern in the bunch, and the HB-10 pattern has a smaller bell OD. The bag I bought was the best compromise based on what we spoke about on the phone, but the Miraohone tubas were never considered. In short, the bag is too wide, and while it fits well, I am used to it being a much more snug fit. The horn moving around within the bag as I walk is - for me - annoying. The bag is a pattern for a more common tuba, so I plan on selling it here for a decent price once I have what I want.

So, can *anyone* here confirm that the Petruschka and the Adams have the same outer dimensions, bell OD, etc? Or are there any other more common F tubas that share these dimensions (HB-10 with larger bell)? Possibly one of the Eastman, Packer, or ZO modified copies of the old Hirsbrunner design? (Note: not with the larger HB-12.)

Thanks!

Sousaswag

Re: Size Info Needed - Adams F and Miraphone Petruschka

Post by Sousaswag »

They’re close, it seems… Both listed with a 16.5” bell diameter. The Miraphone is supposedly about 33.5” tall. What is the overall height of the Adams?

Sorry, sir. That is all I could scrounge up for now. I think the Petruschka is more similar to the Gronitz.

Horn Guys posted some F tuba comparison photos on FB some time ago. I’ll try and dig those up later.
These users thanked the author Sousaswag for the post:
the elephant (Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm)
Meinl Weston 2165
B&M CC
Willson 3200RZ-5
Holton 340
Holton 350
Pan-American Eb
King Medium Eb
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

Sousaswag wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 pm They’re close, it seems… Both listed with a 16.5” bell diameter. The Miraphone is supposedly about 33.5” tall. What is the overall height of the Adams?

Sorry, sir. That is all I could scrounge up for now. I think the Petruschka is more similar to the Gronitz.

Horn Guys posted some F tuba comparison photos on FB some time ago. I’ll try and dig those up later.
33.4 inches tall
16.535.png
16.535.png (25.96 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Last edited by bloke on Wed May 22, 2024 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC2

Post by JC2 »

From memory the Adams is quite a bit taller than the miraphone.