FedEx was too stupid to find a euphonium we shipped & they lost, so...

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bisontuba

Re: FedEx was too stupid to find a euphonium we shipped & they lost, so...

Post by bisontuba »

Unreal....

Heavy_Metal

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Well, now we know where Beavis & Butt-head ended up when their show got cancelled...... :gaah:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
Paulver

Post by Paulver »

Okay.... I got two for ya'!!!!!

I was working on a tractor in my machine shed when I heard an engine coming up the long lane to our house. I walked out of the shed, wiping my hands with a rag as I saw the FedEx truck come up past the house, to the shed area, and turn around. I waved to the driver to let him know I was standing there. He waved back and stopped the truck, got the package, registered it with their little code reader thingy, got out of the truck, walked over to our barn, and laid the package up against the barn door. He turned around to get back in the truck and I yelled.... "What the hell are you doing? I'm standing right here!!!" He informed me that his GPS indicated that our address is assigned to the barn, so he had to leave it there! I sarcastically informed him that he drove right by a 7000 square foot house, "where we live".......AND ME........ standing in the driveway, and he chose to leave the delivery clear across the driveway and the barnyard, where clearly, nobody is..... or lives!!!! He responded with "Just doing my job!"

That was the second time that driver had left a package at the barn instead of our house. It had happened a few days before, too. I was looking out at the barn as it began to rain, wondering....."Where is this package that my email says was delivered?" The guy had taken a picture of it sitting on the ground and leaning against a building, and posted it in the email. It took me a few moments to figure out that it was our barn door in the picture.

Subsequent FedEx drivers, at our requests/complaints, have corrected the GPS situation, and we've been receiving our packages on the porch of our house.

Additionally, UPS sent us an email stating that our package had been delivered, and because no one was home, they left it in a secure place that we could easily find!! We had been home all day!!! Our home is very well insulated, and therefore, we don't always hear cars or trucks coming to the house. As a result, we put doorbells at each door on the first floor. None of the doorbells sounded.... all day! After a thorough search of the porch, yard, and surrounding area, we couldn't find it. Toward evening, my wife decided to go to get our mail. Our mailbox is down the lane and across the main country road from our property. When she got there, she found a plastic bag hanging from our mailbox, dangling in the wind. Yep!!......... it was the UPS package. Evidently, a bag hanging from a rural mailbox on a very public and well traveled roadway is a secure place that we didn't know about!! Go figure!!!

It's no wonder why packages disappear without a trace.

Obviously, common sense is not a requirement for some FedEx or UPS employees.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

If it actually arrives today, it will have been roughly a month to travel about 260 miles in the same state.
grayax
Has thanked: 0

Post by grayax »

I have a Meinlschmidt rotor that got shipped out Monday. It has spent the last 24 hours "In transit" at the Munich Airport. I hope they don't manage to lose that - I've waited two months and paid more money than I could justify to the wife for it. At least it is for my own instrument.
Yorkboy

Post by Yorkboy »

grayax wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:46 pm I have a Meinlschmidt rotor that got shipped out Monday. It has spent the last 24 hours "In transit" at the Munich Airport. I hope they don't manage to lose that - I've waited two months and paid more money than I could justify to the wife for it. At least it is for my own instrument.
Coincidentally, so did I - their lead time is usually between 6 weeks to 2 months. Also, mine has been “in transit” in Munich for the last 24 hrs. After that, it usually goes to Köln (Cologne) before making the trip to the USA. I wouldn’t sweat it - I’ve never had a FedEx shipment from Europe go missing or lost.

Their lead time is long because they make the best rotary valves available, in my humble opinion.

Believe it or not, FedEx is one of the most efficient ways to get stuff shipped from Europe - they seem to have their own Customs service, because things never seem to be there for more than a day. A few days ago I received another delivery via DHL that took almost 3 weeks, several of those days in Customs.