RIP Roger Comley

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Lch3

RIP Roger Comley

Post by Lch3 »

I know some here knew Roger Comley, tuba and euphonium player in the Richmond, VA area. Roger died unexpectedly on November 29, 2021. He would have been 62 on December 9.

He was a great friend and a great musician. He especially enjoyed helping others in the music world, including providing the instrument if needed. It is a great loss to the music world in this area.

Please remember his wife, Carmen, and daughter, Rachel, in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you.

Larry Haake

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: RIP Roger Comley

Post by bloke »

😢 an outgoing and very friendly guy, and liked to play loud (as I recall, from when he play-tested some instruments).
This makes me sad.
I mailed him some JP economy mouthpieces (don't even remember for what type of instrument) once or twice, and first met him at the Army Tuba thing...
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

The name sounds familiar, but I can't place it. Was he in the forum here (or the other place)?

62 is way too young :smilie6:
Lch3

Post by Lch3 »

Bort, Roger had been at the Army conference and Adam Frey’s annual event. He’s done so much with so many groups you could have heard his name anywhere.