SOLD: 5450 Meinl-Weston (aka "THOR")

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
arpthark

Re: SOLD: 5450 Meinl-Weston (aka "THOR")

Post by arpthark »

Godspeed, World's Best Thor, wherever you are.

cjk

Post by cjk »

I think the next BBb vs CC thread is going to be much more interesting than it otherwise would have been. :smilie8:
jtm

Post by jtm »

cjk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm I think the next BBb vs CC thread is going to be much more interesting than it otherwise would have been. :smilie8:
I pulled out a BBb tuba the other day which I haven't spent much time with in months, spent a little time with it, then played a little on a similar size C tuba. Maybe that's the first time I've done that. Or maybe the first time since I made C my normal tuba. Either way, it was the first time I really noticed that, for about the same sound, the C tuba is just easier to play.
John Morris
This practicing trick actually seems to be working!
playing some old German rotary tubas for free
York-aholic

Post by York-aholic »

jtm wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:08 pm
cjk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm I think the next BBb vs CC thread is going to be much more interesting than it otherwise would have been. :smilie8:
I pulled out a BBb tuba the other day which I haven't spent much time with in months, spent a little time with it, then played a little on a similar size C tuba. Maybe that's the first time I've done that. Or maybe the first time since I made C my normal tuba. Either way, it was the first time I really noticed that, for about the same sound, the C tuba is just easier to play.
I find the same results when going from 6/4 to 4/4 (both BBb) or going from BBb to Eb.
Some old Yorks, Martins, and perhaps a King rotary valved CC