Beautiful Bach 36B Frankenbone -- SOLD

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Worth

Beautiful Bach 36B Frankenbone -- SOLD

Post by Worth »

Some 5 years back, I decided to take up trombone with the goal of occasional doubling. I purchased this locally from a freelance musician and have decided that in light of other instruments I play much better, this really nice vintage bone has to go and get some use. The case/gig bag is new and has never left the house.

This is said to have been constructed at DJ Kennedy's shop, a well known figure in trombone circles.
Aside from nickel silver areas, the brass has what I believe is lacquer over patina. I am not sure, but today all I did was take some furniture polish and went over it before photos. The finish is IMO very pretty and has remain unchanged since I bought the horn.
The closed wrap F attachment has excellent compression and the rotor operates smoothly and quietly.
The slide is smooth and will drop when the instrument is tilted down. At the extreme end, there is some friction but it comes after seventh position just before slide removal. There is also a red colored area which you will see at the tip of one of the legs. I have taken pictured to show it well. It is hard and totally unchanged over time. If anyone thinks this is red rot let me know, but I don't feel it is.

The slide and bell sections are not original to each other as the serial numbers don't match. The rotor has a serial number of 6587 which makes it possibly Mt Vernon or early Elkhart. The bell says "Elkhart" which makes me think that section is Early Elkhart. Of course, the rotor and/or F attachment may not be original to the bell. The slide has a SN of 12610 which places it as later (94-06) Elkhart.

I am offering this for $500 OBO and shipping / insurance will be actual expense via the service you prefer. Although you may have a MP you prefer, I can include a Bach 12C if you like with the horn, just ask. I will certainly pack it up well and won't charge extra for packing. Thanks very much for looking. Even if you don't have any interest buying hope you enjoy the pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k1qyv8loscyw ... vCD1a?dl=0

:tuba:
Last edited by Worth on Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2014 Wisemann 900
2013 Miraphone 188
Worth

Re: Beautiful Bach 36B Frankenbone, new Protec Max gig bag

Post by Worth »

I am unsure about the value of this "Instrument of the Devil" compared with what I paid originally and what else is out there on the market. Thus, a price drop bump to 500. OBO + shipping. If no action here in the next few weeks I'll get it on the Bay. Thanks for looking!
2014 Wisemann 900
2013 Miraphone 188
ParLawGod
Site Admin

Post by ParLawGod »

PM sent
Worth

Post by Worth »

On hold. Damn, shipping is expensive :smilie6:
2014 Wisemann 900