Off the market

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubazach07
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Off the market

Post by tubazach07 »

Physical therapy has allowed me to be able to play my tuba again. I am keeping it.
Last edited by tubazach07 on Sun May 05, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Navy Band Northeast
Lee Stofer CB50
1910 Henry Diston
Momo 30H
kingrob76

Re: Getzen CB50/Lee Stofer modified CC tuba for sale

Post by kingrob76 »

This is a bargain, folks. Lee's adjustments to these horn significantly improve their playing characteristics (and they were good to start with). The condition appears excellent and it's got both a hard case AND a quality gig bag. Comparable in stature to an Eastman 632 / 832 in terms of size but these instruments have thicker metal throughout and a provide a little more punching weight (IMHO).

Lee was kind enough to discuss his mods with me and I was able to examine a Getzen that had been just been modified by him to have the same changes made to mine - VERY happy with them. Were I looking for one of these, I'd be on the way to RI right now.
Rob. Just Rob.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I hope you don't mind a free bump in the form of a question. How tall are these, please?
tubazach07

Post by tubazach07 »

Bump.
Navy Band Northeast
Lee Stofer CB50
1910 Henry Diston
Momo 30H
tubazach07

Re: Getzen CB50/Lee Stofer modified CC tuba for sale. ** Price drop to $6,000.00**

Post by tubazach07 »

Price drop to $6,000.00. I am willing to take a Miraphone 186 or possibly 188 CC for a trade but the tuba has to be in top shape. No striped lacquer or scaring from bad dent removal. If the tuba is not sold by end of May it will go to Japan with me.
Navy Band Northeast
Lee Stofer CB50
1910 Henry Diston
Momo 30H
matt g

Re: Getzen CB50/Lee Stofer modified CC tuba for sale. ** Price drop to $6,000.00**

Post by matt g »

People looking at stuff like the new Eastman 4/4 piston CC tubas should think long and hard about this option. Really great tubas and I’m sure fantastic with the modifications. There’s a reason why Lee Stofer is still building these things (and they get snapped up as soon as they are built).
Dillon/Walters CC (sold)
Meinl-Weston 2165 (sold)
tubazach07

Post by tubazach07 »

matt g wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:28 pm People looking at stuff like the new Eastman 4/4 piston CC tubas should think long and hard about this option. Really great tubas and I’m sure fantastic with the modifications. There’s a reason why Lee Stofer is still building these things (and they get snapped up as soon as they are built).
Thank you for comment! It’s a great playing tuba that has immediate response and a great sound! I have received many compliments from current and past bandmasters I have worked for. I wouldn’t be selling it if I didn’t mess up my shoulder. Sadly the Miraphone 186 feels better for me since it allows my elbow to rest close to my side. On piston valve horns my arm has to reach across the tuba which aggravates my shoulder even more.
Navy Band Northeast
Lee Stofer CB50
1910 Henry Diston
Momo 30H