Free: medium size hard case

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jtm

Free: medium size hard case

Post by jtm »

The buyer of the Scherzer CC tuba didn't want the hard case. It's too small for my other tubas, and I don't want to store it, so it's free to a good home.

It should fit something about the size of a PT-10 or Symphonie or Miraphone F. The tuba that was with it is 38.5" tall with a 16.5" (420mm) bell, 25" from bottom to the top of the top bow. A Miraphone 188 is not too tall, but the bell (450mm) is too big.

The bell portion on the top is not as solid as you'd like if you intend to use it, but it looks like great protection for shipping.

It's in central Texas, for anyone who'd like to avoid shipping.

Note: the lovely tuba in the picture is not included.

These users thanked the author jtm for the post (total 2):
York-aholic (Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:36 pm) • bloke (Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:00 pm)

John Morris
This practicing trick actually seems to be working!
playing some old German rotary tubas for free
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Free: medium size hard case

Post by bloke »

If someone were to peel back the plush lining from the bell wings, coat the Interiors of them with a product called kitty hair, let that stuff set up, and then glue the lining back down, those bell wings would be solid. That's not a terrible job, but there are fumes, so it's an outside job.

That case dates back to when those things were made in the United States instead of Costa Rica. It's wooden other than the bell wings. The Costa Rican ones I've seen lately are made out of untempered Masonite, and not worth having, imo.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
jtm (Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:04 pm)
hrender

Post by hrender »

bloke wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:58 pm ... a product called kitty hair...
New to me: https://www.evercoat.com/product/kitty-hair-quart/
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

I admire that company for not finding and using a "more modern, more sophisticated, more marketable name." I will never forget that name even though I am unlikely to ever have a use for it (which of course means it really IS marketable to the right customers.)
These users thanked the author Mary Ann for the post:
jtm (Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:40 pm)