External microphone for Iphone

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
djwpe

Re: External microphone for Iphone

Post by djwpe »

bloke wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:21 am I have a couple of professional quality mics that I bought a long time ago when a lot more money was flowing in and things didn't cost as much. I would like to know about some type of adapter whereby a traditional type of microphone can be used with things like phones and computers. I'm pretty ignorant. Is it something like some sort of analog to digital thing? I actually have a pair of really nice mics that recorded my tuba playing well (were it that my tuba playing was just a little bit better :smilie6: )

I have a DAT tape recorder, which proved to be a technology too soon, and I should have waited, but I also have a budget Zoom recorder that people say is plenty good enough.
There’s a device by Shure called an MVi that is an audio interface to connect a phone to a good mic. I have one that is surplus to my current needs if you want to trade for it, message me.

Don
These users thanked the author djwpe for the post:
bloke (Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:24 pm)

bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

If you don't hear from me right away, it's not because I'm not interested, it's because this is one of those see how many things I can get before certain people show up to get their stuff weekends (with Sunday being messed up because I'm playing somewhere).
Thanks so much for the trade offer, and we will get this done. If you have an idea for a trade, make a suggestion, and don't be too generous. Try to make it more even handed.
Schlitzz

Post by Schlitzz »

It’s a little disturbing to see that a lot of people have rode Mike over the years.
Yamaha 641
Hirsbrunner Euph

I hate broccoli.