WTB: 3+1 Eb Tuba

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
ejmiddleton
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WTB: 3+1 Eb Tuba

Post by ejmiddleton »

I'm an intermediate player currently playing euphonium & sousaphone, looking for an Eb tuba to play in community bands as a "fake" Bb tuba or in british brass bands as an Eb tuba. I'm not too picky on brand, but I'd love it to be under 6000. Located in central Michigan, and happy to drive to pick up, but hoping to avoid going all the way to the East Coast.

arpthark

Re: WTB: 3+1 Eb Tuba

Post by arpthark »

ejmiddleton wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:07 pm I'm an intermediate player currently playing euphonium & sousaphone, looking for an Eb tuba to play in community bands as a "fake" Bb tuba or in british brass bands as an Eb tuba. I'm not too picky on brand, but I'd love it to be under 6000. Located in central Michigan, and happy to drive to pick up, but hoping to avoid going all the way to the East Coast.
I have a Boosey & Co. Imperial for sale that's about a quarter of your budget plus shipping. Would be great for getting your feet wet on Eb. I still have the shipping carton I received it in from England. See here:

viewtopic.php?t=9459
Tubawarrior

Post by Tubawarrior »

I habe a Yamaha 381S that would be under your budget. See the for sale section an PM me for additional insight. Bernie
Bessonguy

Post by Bessonguy »

Someone in Ohio is selling on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/DruLEr ... tid=oFDknk
tubaing

Post by tubaing »

I'm selling thus almost perfect condition "York". If you want a "fake BBb", you might want a bigger bell like on this one. Asking price is $6,500.

York Preference 3082 EEb 4 valve compensating tuba silver. Barely used. I believe this tuba to be completely dent free (never been dented). You might??? Be able to find some light scratches. It's in very good condition.

I believe this model was made in the same German factory that makes the Besson 982's and that this is (with few discrepancies) a rebadged Besson 982.

Hopefully the link works.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tid=dXMIcH
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Used Wessex Champion @ Tuba Exchange: $2,595
https://www.tubaexchange.com/collection ... p-eeb-tuba
Gary Merrill
Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25