Helene - everyone okay?

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Pauvog1

Helene - everyone okay?

Post by Pauvog1 »

Hey friends,

I hope everyone is doing okay. We're fine in Coastal Georgia, just no power (might be out a few days). Hope everyone else fared well.

:care:
These users thanked the author Pauvog1 for the post (total 4):
catgrowlB (Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:26 pm) • the elephant (Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:26 pm) • bloke (Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:36 pm) • davidgilbreath (Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:42 am)

MW 2155
PT-18p (MRP)
JP 274 MKII
For sale
Laskey 30G, American shank https://tubaforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... 2f1502a4d7
Giddings Baer CC Euro shank https://tubaforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=96137#p96137
catgrowlB

Re: Helene - everyone okay?

Post by catgrowlB »

Lots of wind and rain this morning in central NC. Lots of rain this whole week. Power flickered off and on a few times, but otherwise OK :smilie4:
These users thanked the author catgrowlB for the post (total 3):
bloke (Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:36 pm) • bisontuba (Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:34 am) • Pauvog1 (Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:27 am)
York-aholic

Post by York-aholic »

One thing I learned from having been evacuated for a week and a half with the CA wildfires is that if power will be out for an extended amount of time (I turned off our generator so it wouldn’t run the whole time) is:

Empty the ice in the ice maker of your fridge/freezer and obviously then turn off the ice maker.

Otherwise you come home to a buckled floor in front of your fridge. Tearing up some of the vinyl flooring and replacing some of the sub floor is tomorrow’s number one chore.

Hope everyone weathered the storm!
Some old Yorks, Martins, and perhaps a King rotary valved CC
davidgilbreath
Location: My Old Kentucky Home in Marietta, GA (or little England way beyond Wales)

Post by davidgilbreath »

Cobb County was drenched as well as the northwestern quarter of the state (which fared better than middle and southern portions). At least fifteen were killed in Georgia including a firefighter from the Blackshear area (Pierce County). Helene was disastrous.
". . . and loudly he played . . . "
David Gilbreath
1925 Conn New Wonder Monster Front Action BBb
c. 1938 York 716 5/4 BBb 4v

Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Sorry to hear all that -- my friend in central northern VA also had power and phone go out, and not even in the main path.
Here, we were 108 yesterday, with near zero humidity.
These users thanked the author Mary Ann for the post:
davidgilbreath (Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:42 am)
GC

Post by GC »

I'm about an hour north of David in NW GA. We had not so terrible rain and moderate winds. I really feel for the folks in the southern half of the state and in the Panhandle. It was a disaster for them.
Packer/Sterling JP377 compensating Eb; Mercer & Barker MBUZ5 (Tim Buzbee "Lone ☆ Star" F-tuba mouthpiece), Mercer & Barker MB3; for sale: Conn Monster Eb 1914, Fillmore Bros 1/4 Eb ca. 1905 antique (still plays), Bach 42B trombone
gocsick

Post by gocsick »

Got the remnants in Ohio.. Neighbor had a huge oak tree come down in their house. Luckily it crushed the spare bedroom so no injuries.
As amateur as they come...I know just enough to be dangerous.

Meinl-Weston 20
Holton Medium Eb 3+1
Holton Collegiate Sousas in Eb and BBb
40s York Bell Front Euphonium
Schiller Elite Euphonium
Yamaha YSL-352 Trombone
Olds Ambassador Trumpet & Cornet
JESimmons

Post by JESimmons »

I'm also in coastal Georgia - far away from the eye but we lost lots of trees and power was out for two days. We got lots of wind but little rain.