3 sousaphones for rent in NYC middle of October?

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Søren
Has thanked: 0

3 sousaphones for rent in NYC middle of October?

Post by Søren »

The Legoland Brass Band from Billund, Denmark (that I owe most of my playing skills to) is travelling to New York the middle of October. I randomly bumped into their director who asked me if I knew anywhere in New York that would rent the band 3 sousaphones for something like 7-10 days in the middle of October - as this would be much easier than hauling theirs back and forth over the Atlantic. If any of you have a good ideas, please let me know (in a post or by PM) and I will bump them to the director. (The band is a youth band with kids ages 10-20)

arpthark

Re: 3 sousaphones for rent in NYC middle of October?

Post by arpthark »

I wonder if you could contact Dillon Music / @Matt Walters in nearby NJ. They'll know if nobody else would.
Ace

Post by Ace »

Rent 3 Sousaphones to a band made up of 10-20 year olds? For 7-10 days? I dunno.

Ace
2nd tenor

Post by 2nd tenor »

Do children damage things any more or less than adults? It all depends on the children and the adults but from my experience youngsters can look after things very carefully. Of course good instruction and supervision by suitable adults helps too, but I’d have thought that youth voluntarily in a marching band and on a trip from Europe to the USA would be a quite switched-on, orderly and able group.

NYC is a very big place, surely it has many schools and several instrument repair shops who between them could provide either suitable instruments or a link to them.