B&S CC Tuba 5/4 size , Made in GDR, 5 valves

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Kontrabasstuba

B&S CC Tuba 5/4 size , Made in GDR, 5 valves

Post by Kontrabasstuba »

Hi, i would like to sell my B&S PT 5 or PT 6.
Made in GDR. 5 Valves, no red rot.
Compression is great and tune absolutely fine!

Boresize is: 19 to 21 mm
Bell Ø 50 cm

I'm asking 4500 Euro plus shipping (with DHL around 150/200€)

Pictures are here. Write me if you have questions
danielridder@web.de

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... dQYmCwHP4t

daktx2

Re: B&S CC Tuba 5/4 size , Made in GDR, 5 valves

Post by daktx2 »

Cool horn! I'm pretty sure this is a PT5, I have one as well and like it a lot as a big C. I've never seen a gdr PT6, but to be absolutely sure what this is, you'd have to measure the diameter of the bottom or top bow and compare to a known PT5/6, as the PT6 is marginally larger there. You can also try to track down the serial number from the manufacturer, though the production records are incomplete.

Playing characteristics between those two models are very similar, though the PT5s have a bit more variability.

Your linkage also looks to have been upgraded/modernized to uniball at some point, mine still has the ball in socket.

Good luck with the sale!
Weltklang B&S Symphonie F tuba
Bohm and Meinl 5520 C tuba (for sale)
Kalison DS C tuba