If any of your kids or grandkids are hoping for a double horn for Christmas

For Tuba/Euphonium retail products and services.

Moderator: Retail Partner

bloke
Mid South Music

If any of your kids or grandkids are hoping for a double horn for Christmas

Post by bloke »

One of the JP double horns is a remarkably well put together copy of a Conn 8D, except with a gold brass bell, two different adjustable hand rests on board, and a really sturdy case. The price is really low. Unlike something that might cost $5,000, the slide alignment and inside/outside slide tube fit is really excellent.
The linkage is mechanical, and is really quiet and well-made.

Ask me about all sorts of wind instruments for yourself, your children, or your grandchildren.

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: If any of your kids or grandkids are hoping for a double horn for Christmas

Post by bloke »

Additionally,
- JP's lowest-priced TENOR SAXOPHONE is amazing (not just playing characteristics, but "looks" as well).
- JP's nicest (higher-priced, but still only lower $1XXX) ALTO SAXOPHONE plays REMARKABLY well in-tune (the typical issue with alto saxophones).
- JP's nicest oboe (composition/plastic) stands up well against the Fox/Renard 333 at a fraction of the price.
- JP's RATH series of trombones (vs. their regular series, which are all "good") are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
- JP's euphoniums are remarkably fine (but everyone already knows this).

For serious woodwind "pit" (show) players, JP makes a remarkably fine PLASTIC copy of the Selmer (Paris) low C bass clarinet.
(The adjustments are so persnickety on low C bass clarinets, though, that these need to come FIRST to Mrs. bloke BEFORE being shipped on to customers.)

JP's plastic English horn is also an affordable way for oboists (who just don't have French-made English horn cash laying around) to own a decent-playing English horn.

bloke "French-made English...sorta seems weird, yes?"

https://www.jpmusicalinstruments.com
Ace

Post by Ace »

Joe, do you have a JP double horn with mechanical linkage and Geyer wrap? If so, what's the model number and what's your very best price? Please shoot me an email if you can't post your price here. (Factor in shipping to Berkeley CA 94707 in San Francisco Bay area.)

Ace (h42836@aol.com)
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

Ace wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:39 am Joe, do you have a JP double horn with mechanical linkage and Geyer wrap? If so, what's the model number and what's your very best price? Please shoot me an email if you can't post your price here. (Factor in shipping to Berkeley CA 94707 in San Francisco Bay area.)

Ace (h42836@aol.com)
Currently their only Geyer-wrap instrument is a complete copy (though a bit fancier, gold-brass - vs. yellow - and with adjustable hand supports on board, with JP featuring Minibal links and Yamaha using string) of a Yamaha YFR-567. This is Yamaha's least-expensive double horn, but - well - it's also a big seller.

Here are pictures of Yamaha and JP for comparison:

@Ace
If I horn like this would possibly interest you (now that you've seen a picture of the only Geyer-style double offered), please send ME a p.m. (or email to joesellmansberger@gmail.com , and I'll send you a quote. If too pricey - or not upscale enough, (again) we're still good friends. :smilie8: :thumbsup:
(JP also offers a screw-bell version of this model.)
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
Ace (Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:20 pm)