prop 65

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bloke
Mid South Music

prop 65

Post by bloke »

I'm being coerced into signing some stuff - which I suppose I will sign - and then wonder if I should possibly cease offering anything in particular for sale to anyone in Cali...(??)

oh yeah...I'm not supposed to talk about "politics"...The solder in tubas is "political", now.

Mary Ann

Re: prop 65

Post by Mary Ann »

That is unfortunately the state of the country now -- I am astonished the stuff I buy that has that prop 65 warning on it. Some of them state that it is easier to just put it there than to prove they don't have to.
matt g

Post by matt g »

It’s the “boy who cried wolf” of consumer labels.
Dillon/Walters CC (sold)
Meinl-Weston 2165 (sold)
gocsick

Post by gocsick »

The boy who cried Wolf is actually kind of by design and a protest against the law. The law is worded in a weird way and to actually be compliant as written you would have to do a lot of testing to determine levels etc. Much cheaper and easier to slap the sticker on everything and anything without doing the testing. Since every consumer product known to man now has this stupid sticker on it... no one actually cares or pays any attention. The ubiquity of the warnings has completely undermined Prop 65.

The actual intent was good, protecting consumers from dangerous chemicals they were unknowingly exposing themselves too, but the actual law that got put nto place was so bad it meant bankrupting your business doing testing to prove your product didn't contain anything dangerous....or putting a one penny sticker on with a doom and gloom warning.

I noticed one on a pack of playing cards and my newest RT mouthpiece. Even a frying pan I got for Christmas had one in it.
As amateur as they come...I know just enough to be dangerous.

Meinl-Weston 20
Holton Medium Eb 3+1
Holton Collegiate Sousas in Eb and BBb
40s York Bell Front Euphonium
Schiller Elite Euphonium
Yamaha YSL-352 Trombone
Olds Ambassador Trumpet & Cornet
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

They should probably put a Prop 65 sticker on Father Time, as Old Age is known to cause cancer in the State of California.

Three Valves

Post by Three Valves »

I’m glad I don’t live there, I’d surely be dead by now…. :red:
These users thanked the author Three Valves for the post:
bloke (Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:22 pm)
Thought Criminal
Mack Brass Artiste
TU422L with TU25
1964 Conn 36k with CB Arnold Jacobs
Accent (By B&S) 952R with Bach12
The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column