WTB: Wilson 3400 Eb

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
basstrumpet13
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

WTB: Wilson 3400 Eb

Post by basstrumpet13 »

Hello fellow air basses,

I am interested in purchasing a Wilson 3400. I got the opportunity to try one at the ARMY Tuba-Euph convention and I'm hooked. I am particularly interested in the compact 5v model, but would consider the open wrap version too.

Budget is healthy.

Potential adage, if interested (alongside funds, of course):

A King 1261 4v E-flat sousaphone from 1943.

...I also have a Dynasty M845 3/4 Convertible Tuba. If you're about that sort of thing. :teeth:

And an arsenal (25+) of mouthpieces, too. I can list them all in negotiation.

Located in Central Virginia. Will pay shipping, and/or drive.

Thanks! :tuba:

gocsick

Re: WTB: Wilson 3400 Eb

Post by gocsick »

My dream horn as well. No way I could ever justify getting one though. Maybe when the kids are through college and the house is paid off I can have a midlife crises and buy the Wilson instead of a motorcycle.
As amateur as they come...I know just enough to be dangerous.

Meinl-Weston 20
Holton Medium Eb 3+1
Holton Collegiate Sousas in Eb and BBb
40s York Bell Front Euphonium
Schiller Elite Euphonium
Yamaha YSL-352 Trombone
Olds Ambassador Trumpet & Cornet
Tubawarrior

Post by Tubawarrior »

Good afternoon. I just got a demo unit imported from the Netherlands. It has one pin mark on the bell and a slight scuff where a shipping wrinkle was straightened back out. I have an Ericcson and was thinking of keeping both, but can't justify the second premium horn. Everything is new including hard case and Cronkite soft case. $14k for the entire package w no sales tax and we'll figure out delivery from Indianapolis. Let me know if still interested. Have a great day. Bernie
basstrumpet13
Lurker

Post by basstrumpet13 »

Hey everyone-

Been a while since I logged in.

I acquired one of the open-wrap 3400's back in February for a stellar price. I love the horn. (Still working on nailing everything above high-Eb) Thanks to everyone that messaged me with sale options. I haven't had this account long enough to send direct messages, so hopefully my posting in this thread is notice enough. Thanks guys! :cheers: :cheers:
Kctuba

Post by Kctuba »

KCMO free lance musician and teacher
Band Director NKC Schools
Besson 982