YamaYork

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
tclements
Has thanked: 0

YamaYork

Post by tclements »

Yeah, it's worth it!
These users thanked the author tclements for the post (total 3):
Casca Grossa (Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:21 pm) • the elephant (Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:56 pm) • Pauvog1 (Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:32 am)

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: YamaYork

Post by bloke »

That's what I've been telling everyone...
... but what do I know?

Which is worth more?
An instrument that's twice as easy to play, or a couple of years of college private lessons?
They cost about the same, because - in order to get the lessons - you have to being enrolled and take sociology, English, history courses, and all that jazz (instead of making $17 an hour at Captain D's, etc.)...

...and - OK - this:
Isn't it a lot more economical and efficient to record oneself and hear how crappy it sounds versus playing for someone who's charging hundreds of dollars an hour and having them tell us how crappy it sounds?
The Big Ben

Post by The Big Ben »

I've been waiting for Le Elephant to give the TFFJ a report now that he has had possession of his YamaYork for a few months and could make comparisons with his "new and improved" chopped 345.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I'm excited (for him), and hope/trust/expect that it plays as well as any of those that I've played.