Das Rheingold - Marked Part?

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Peach

Das Rheingold - Marked Part?

Post by Peach »

Hi chaps,
Any chance any of you fine folk have a PDF you might share of Wagner's Das Rheingold WITH useful markings on - Cues; timings; bits & bobs, etc?
Playing it soon with limited prep time...
I have a clean copy but that's as barren as a wotsit. Doesn't even have rehearsal figures.
Thanks for any help - pls PM me.
Malcolm

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Das Rheingold - Marked Part?

Post by bloke »

I've used imslp before (for compositions which aren't new, but with which I'm unfamiliar) to look back and forth (from my mailed, emailed, or orchestra personnel website PDF and the online score), and I will mark things. I then will listen to the piece at least once (and I have to admit that I'm not the most dedicated pre-studier of music, prior to rehearsal #1 :smilie6: ) and familiarize myself aurally (ie. not just visually) with cues that I may have written in. I might scribble in a few notes above my part and write the name of the instrument, since the tuba part will not have any space in it to write cues.

Sometimes, an imslp part will have scribbled cues (that the person who scanned the part did not erase), or a different editon might feature more cues.

I understand that you probably would like to have a part that's pre-marked, and I also know that you know about everything that I've mentioned above, but not too many people have played that complete opera.
Mark

Post by Mark »

If you are playing the whole opera, the opera music librarian should have a marked part for you.
Peach

Post by Peach »

Mark wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:41 pm If you are playing the whole opera, the opera music librarian should have a marked part for you.
Correct.