Y'all need to clamp these to your mouthpipes, just before they feed into the valve block....

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bloke
Mid South Music

Y'all need to clamp these to your mouthpipes, just before they feed into the valve block....

Post by bloke »

https://woodifyflute.com/

These will always get you into the semifinals. :thumbsup:

Jim Williams

Re: Y'all need to clamp these to your mouthpipes, just before they feed into the valve block....

Post by Jim Williams »

I'll trade you two LeFreques for a Woodify and a gadget to be named later.
The artist formerly known as Snorlax.
Shires Q41 and Yamaha 321 Euphoniums.
Yamaha 621 Baritone, Conn 50H trombone.
iiipopes

Re: Y'all need to clamp these to your mouthpipes, just before they feed into the valve block....

Post by iiipopes »

King and Reynolds underslung cornets had a small patch that was on the leadpipe knuckle going into the block. It was ostensibly a reinforcement against dings. But it did have a stabilizing effect. When I need that due to a bad anti-node, I use a small strip of golfer's lead tape. Unobtrusive, gets the job done, and removable.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
Klier 4B Classic
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

A small hose clamp will be just as effective and cost you 1/100 of the price…
If it’s tourist season, why can’t we shoot them?
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

windshieldbug wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:29 pm A small hose clamp will be just as effective and cost you 1/100 of the price…
I use an imaginary one, and it costs infinitely less.
Tubeast

Post by Tubeast »

The wooden finger / knuckle rests you´ll find scrolling further down make A LOT more sense to me.
I´m using something to that effect on my Willson and am in preparation for another one on the Adams.

I might add: Figuring out the shape that will suit YOU and then carving a NICE piece of wood to make it happen contributes to all the fun.
Mine is made of snake wood https://www.feinesholz.de/de/neuigkeite ... ffen-.html
(The WOOD, in contrast to the OIL, is actually something to take seriously :smilie8: )
P@rick

Post by P@rick »

That's too expensive for my flute...
UncleBeer

Post by UncleBeer »

Whenever anyone came to the Thein shop with instrument problems (response, intonation, whatever...), they'd solder on a bit of brass in a 'crucial location' and charge 350 Euros. :huh:
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

UncleBeer wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:20 am Whenever anyone came to the Thein shop with instrument problems (response, intonation, whatever...), they'd solder on a bit of brass in a 'crucial location' and charge 350 Euros. :huh:
thank
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

If I partially drilled into a brass mouthpiece on the outside a whole bunch of places and soldered on and send out pieces of 1/8 inch cylindrical brass rod out in all directions - and even back towards my own head (except to curve around to avoid hitting my head), not only would it "project the sound" but it would also protect the mouthpiece from getting dinged up - when it falls on the concrete at a football game. :thumbsup:
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

And it would LOOK cool, too, if they didn't cart you off to the funny farm. Eight pieces and you could call it the Spider Cup.

Tom Greer made horn mouthpieces for a while that were ribbed on the outside. He tried to sell me one once, and while I didn't laugh in his face I said no thanks. He made good pieces, but that was nuts.